Yes it is, cross stitching is so much fun! I rediscovered my love for stitching :) And I’m very happy I did! As a kid i used to cross stitch a lot, but haven’t done it much for the last 8 years or so. I still have a Pooh bear ABC lying around that need to be finished, so I’m working on that. And also, I found out a nice little program to design your own patterns, how awesome is that! (Okay this is not new of course, but to me it is haha)
I use KG-chart, a program which you can find here. You can try it for free and that purchase it if you like it. I like it, it’s simple easy to use and gives me all the tools to design things! There where some things I had troubel with, but found a solution for that. Let me give you some pro’s and con’s.
- Simple program, not too much options to get lost.
- Nice outputs, you can choose to print a black and white, of color pattern. And also with or without marks.
- All the DMC colors are in the program, so you can pick the color numbers you like.
- You can change the marks and colors after or while making the pattern. So it’s easy to change the color scheme for a design if you’d like.
- You can’t output a PFD. However that can be solved by installing for example cutePDF, that will allow you to ‘print’ to an PDF file. Easy peasy
- I think the ‘real view’ give a very creamy fabric background. I would prefer a white aida instead. But hey, you can’t always have everything right? ;)
- You cannot open two files in the program to for example copy paste from one pattern to the other. This can be solve by running two instances of the program, work fine for me.
- The program did happen to close sometime randomly, so just make sure to press the save button often ;)
This was one of the first little robots I designed with the program. A freebie for you! Please feel free to use and share it however you like. Just don’t sell it ;)
You can find the rest for the robot family on my Etsy page over HERE.
Did you ever do cross stitching? Or design your own pattern? Would love to read about it!
Have a lovely day today!
This is soooooo cute!! I might need to pull out my embroidery thread!!
:D Thank you Jonie! Yes you should, you could even stitch this little robot on a t-shirt or the back pocket of a trousers!
Very cute! I haven’t done cross stitch in a few years. There are so many projects I want to try…just need time! Thanks for sharing!